PAPASTRATOS in the framework of Corporate Social Responsibility, takes the initiative to support vulnerable social groups facing or being threatened by unemployment.
"Προετοιμάσου για το αύριο (Prepare for tomorrow)" exclusively funded by PAPASTRATOS, launched in April 2013 and aimed to offer free training programs to 1000 people (by the end of the year) who want to acquire specialized knowledge in order to secure their employment status or improve their position in the labor market.
The training programs can be attended by unemployed or people threatened by unemployment, aged 25-50 years and will be held in IVEPE-SEV's certified facilities in Athens, Thessaloniki, Volos and Patras.
The purpose of this program is to provide trainees with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- Reduce unemployment and improve the social status and living standards of the unemployed.
- Improve of their professional qualifications in order to facilitate their access to the labor market.
- Familiarize the unemployed with a constantly changing work environment, where there is new data in terms of technological development, but also the modernization of working methods.
This program offers training to the following subjects:
- Energy Inspectors
- Certified Welders
- Safety Professionals for Small-Medium Enterprises
- Basic Computer Skills
- First Aid Training
- Executive Secretary
- Design using AUTOCAD 2D
- Maintenance and Repair of Oil/Gas Burners and Boilers
- Electrical Technician according to the stndard ELOT - HD 384
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
- Sales (in the period of crisis)
- Private Security Personnel
- Busıness English I & II
- Technical English
- Ware house Management
- Accountant Assistant
- Tourism Animator
- Yacht Crew Member
- Tourist Agent
- Organizing Cultural Tourism
- Organizing Gastronomic/Food Tourism
- Car Electrician
- Car Mechanic
- Sales Coaching
- Elderly Escorts
- Nurse Personnel
- Finance for Nonfinancial Personnel
- Technician of Photovoltaic Systems
- Solar Thermal Installations
- Physical and Chemical Methods for Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Integrated Transport Safety Methods
- Project Management
- Introduction to Natural Gas Technology
The first 6 subjects lead to certification exams.
In addition to the general participation criteria such as age, official unemployment duration, marital status of applicants, previous experience and education on the subject, there was also and a number of social criteria giving priority to specific and vulnerable social groups.