To train Officers in charge of a navigational watch in the basic theory and use of ECDIS for maintaining the safety of navigation, practice in setting up and maintaining an ECDIS display, planning and monitoring a route, with practical exercises on Norcontrol Bridge/ECDIS and other ECDIS Simulators. In addition, to train Masters and Chief Officers to use ECDIS in management of operational procedures, system files and data and for assisting command decision-making.
Who should attend
All Deck Officers
- Introduction to ECDIS – Components of an Electronic Chart System – Elements of ECDIS
- Raster / Vector Data – Electronic Charts (RNC, ENC) – Electronic Chart Systems (ECDIS, RCDS, ECS) – Legal Aspects & Requirements
- Accuracy of Cartographic Data – Geodetic / Horizontal / Vertical Datum
- ENC Visualization – Watchkeeping with ECDIS – From Data to Chart Functions
- Navigational Functions of the Electronic Chart
- Sensor Inputs / ECDIS Generated Alarms & Warnings
- Passage Planning – Route Planning, Validation & Monitoring
- Integration with Other Navigational Systems (ECDIS Targets, Charts & System) – Automatic Track Control – Performance Limits / Error Displays – Impact on Safe ECDIS Use
- Data Services (Distribution, WEND, RENCs, ENC & RNC Data Coverage)
- Updating / Corrections – Safety Issues: Benefits and Risks
- ECDIS Responsibility & Assessment
A combination of lecture through PowerPoint presentation, written assessment and practical exercises with TRY ECDIS Software, Norcontrol Bridge Simulator w/ Sea Map 10 ECDIS, Transas NAVI Trainer Professional (NTPRO-4000), NAVI Sailor 3000 ECDIS Simulator, JRC NZS-33, Kelvin Hughes Mantra Digital Software Kits.
- 30 Hrs / 5 Days
- STCW 2010, Section & Table A-II/1,2,3
- IMO Model Courses 1.27 (Edition 2012)
- Course delivery in Greek/English while training materials in English.
- VADM Ioannis Lioulis (HN, Ret.)
- Master Mariner Gerasimos Andrianatos
- DNV, Cyprus, Liberia, Malta, Marshall Islands